- BBC News – Aurora shooting: Colorado gun sales up after cinema killings
Yeah, that’ll help.
- How I Made Sleep a Priority—And Got More Productive – Lifestyle – GOOD
- David A. Love: Georgia Wants to Execute Warren Hill
“[Last] September — despite strong indications of innocence, an international outcry and a petition of 1 million signatures — Georgia sent a man named Troy Davis to his death. The execution of Troy Davis, despite the absence of a murder weapon, physical evidence or DNA linking him to the crime, placed the spotlight on Georgia and the injustices of the death penalty. This, in a state where five death row inmates have been exonerated.
“And Georgia is in the spotlight once again, as it plans to execute Warren Hill, a mentally ill man. “
- A Style Guide Guide | elyse holladay
Some good advice, including:
“Make content available first, and navigation second. Don’t waste precious screen space on superfluous items. This is especially important on mobile devices, but not bad advice for the screen, either.”
- A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths – Max Fisher – The Atlantic
“In 2008, the U.S. had over 12 thousand firearm-related homicides. All of Japan experienced only 11, fewer than were killed at the Aurora shooting alone. And that was a big year: 2006 saw an astounding two, and when that number jumped to 22 in 2007, it became a national scandal. By comparison, also in 2008, 587 Americans were killed just by guns that had discharged accidentally.”
- BLAP: You have gained +1 in Gamification! « Game Mechanics « tl-dr
BLAP! : Badges – Levels – Achievements – Points.
- Lives on the Line
Digest powered by RSS Digest