“The issue really was there wasn’t enough content for the TV market – for the TV consumers, even some 3D satellite services have ended because there simply weren’t enough people subscribing to them”
– Paul O’Donovan, Gartner
I see. Not enough content. Wait, no, not enough subscribers.
*Vince Gilligan, the creator of Breaking Bad: Fans who devour multiple seasons in short order are “more rewarded” because their memories of all the story threads are fresher (WSJ). Dave Winer begs to differ…
September 10, 2012 by wetwebworkComments Off on Death of 3D
Wedding Crashers – ★★★☆☆ Tree of Life – ★★★★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
– … All Good Things – ☆☆☆☆☆
– missing from this film. Seeking Justice – ★☆☆☆☆
– be nice to see January Jones play a happy character. Melancholia – ★★☆☆☆
– first two thirds of the film seem to be fixated on Kirsten Dunst’s breasts. And the Magic Cave? An even more implausible “We’re saved!” than the “arks” in 2012. Take Shelter – ★☆☆☆☆
– Michael Shannon & Jessica Chastain great, but slow build up to not a lot. Chronicle – ★★★☆☆
– Misfits/Heroes + Jumper + Cloverfield + Akira. Nothing new, but extra point for not sucking and not being in 3D*.