I’m a London based freelance web developer who plays in a band and writes (comics, novels, shorts stories).
I’ve been working for digital agencies since the late 90’s, at deepend London, glue London (now glue isobar), and Agency Republic. Twelve years with three great agencies. Primarily I’m a LAMP developer, from the back end to the front using jQuery, CSS, and HTML, but I have maintained .Net sites for Hovis, wrangled Perl, and helped build a Facebook app for Smirnoff using Ruby on Rails with Chris “patience of a saint” Rosser.
Currently I’m freelancing, if you would like to contact me for work, please feel free to do so.
In my spare time I play guitar in a rock covers band called the “Bikini Bums“, and before that in the “Scuzzbuckets“. And going even further back in a punk band called various names, including “Pubic Dandruff“, “Diahhroea” and “Course You Can Brothers“. Occasionally I play bass in a funky band.
I love writing. I took part in NaNoWriMo in 2007 (completing a 80,000 word novel), have been on a comic script writing course hosted by Bryan Talbot and Hannah Berry, and have had the odd piece published here and there. I also write the odd short story when I have a moment, and edit Wikipedia, the oldest page I created for the author Stephen Hunter remains pretty close to my first draft.
I haven’t had as many jobs as Steve Lambert, but (in no particular order)…
- Saatchi & Saatchi’s – summer job
- Guitarist in punk band
- Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths – summer job
- McDonald’s – green badge for 3 weeks
- Westminster Council – Traffic Enumerator
- Sissors, Kings Road – handed out leaflets / washed hair
- Bus Driver London Transport – 137 Routemaster
- Door-to-door Organic Vegetables salesman
- Camden Council – Special Needs School Bus Driver
- British Gas Emergency Service – Call center: Supervisor, Controller
- Guy Salmon Chauffeur Service – Controller
- Deepend London – web developer
- Glue London – web developer
- Agency Republic – web developer
- G Force –
- Stage Crew: Loaded In The Park; Pet Shop Boys, Heaven; Rumer, Cafe de Paris; Rihanna, Shepperton Studios
- Video installations: Old Bailey & Southwark Crown Court
- Marquee rigging & de-rigging
- Guitarist in a couple of covers band (plus occasionally bass)